Sunday, July 26, 2009

palm: island breeze


























Half an album dedicated to bongos! I tell you this album is a bongo headache. It's one big I Love Lucy medley. But there's one song I like. I hate having to buy an album for one song, but I couldn't find this tune on the iPod site.

island breeze, mainland sleeze

you can't escape your problems if you pack them in your luggage
you won't be happier when you go home if your account is overdrawn
you have been in that chaise longue since ten this morning

it's time to party, it's time to party, it's time to party

in the island breeze, the smell of the mainland, the mainland sleaze
you won't escape death in the palms, but the surf's worth trying
she's not a bird you can buy, but tell her a lie: she likes stories

it's time to party, it's time to party, it's time to party

...

And a special treat: three tunes featuring the conch shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment