Tuesday, October 20, 2009

nut country: my sister picks pecans

























The long awaited album from nut country is here. my sister picks pecans features such tunes as "nutting honey," "nutter," "gone bowling," "better than sex pie," "lactose intolerance" and, of course, "my sister picks pecans."


my sister picks pecans


I see her across the field
With her new husband,
The best one I think.
They walk and bend over,
Picking aper shells scatered
Across the ground in the grass.

She stops and rests for a while,
Sitting on the boulder, watches
While her husband continues.
Sooner than later, their pail
Begins to fill with the pecan bounty.

These trees only bear fruit
Every other year, by design.
I think of my sister and the years
She married other men,
Wonder if there was a design.

Imagine this tune to banjo and harmonica and you have nut country.
Go nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment